Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Quick Bit About Locking Up

Our blog has moved! Check out this post on the new home of our blog here:
http://blog.villagecycle.com/2012/12/a-quick-bit-about-locking-up/

I have been working in bikes shops for over 15 years now, and one of the things I hear quite a bit is, “I just got my bike stolen.”
This sucks. The people who steal bikes suck even more.
I used to use a mini u-lock, a set of Pitlocks for my wheels, and call it good. Recently, that has become not good enough. So I beefed up security.
photo 1
Now it is two locks, an ABUS mini and chain, plus some Pitlock wheel locks.
photo 2
photo 3
For more information on locking your bike, check out:
Thwarting Bicycle Thievery
Village Cycle Center – “Lock It Up!” with ABUS – Jan. 17th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment